NYTimes – Latest news
The New York Times app for Android delivers the latest news and our award-winning journalism wherever you are. Read the latest headlines from today’s news and original content in our FREE news app for phone and tablet.
The New York Times is offering new, lower subscription options for a limited time:
1) Digital access for $9.99/month. Digital access includes access to NYTimes.com and all NYT apps. Unlimited article access anytime, anywhere. Subscribe now and get the first seven days for free on Google Play*. All subscriptions are automatically renewed.
2) Digital Access + Times Insider for $19.99/month. Digital access features plus access to exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, photos and videos from our journalists in the newsroom. You also receive 1 bonus subscription (worth $25/month) that you can give to anyone you want. Subscribe now and get the first seven days for free on Google Play*. All subscriptions are automatically renewed.
* New interactive comments, now you can write and recommend comments
* Discover our bestsellers lists now at the top of the Books section
* A new top navigation to quickly swipe through popular sections
* Customize which sections are in your shortcuts and available for instant offline reading
* Improved app performance, including speed and stability
* Redesigned daily notification with the morning briefing
* A more visually appealing grid layout for tablets
* Article pages with richer images, fonts and multimedia
* Two widget layout options: photos or headlines
* Breaking News Alerts that link directly to developing stories
* Dusk Mode: Darken your screen for more comfortable reading in low-light conditions
* Collapsible Top Navigation: See more of your screen as you scroll through the sections
* Save NYT articles across platforms to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
* Share articles, photos and videos via your favorite sharing platform
* Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
The New York Times app also includes our international edition, The International New York Times, featuring breaking news, world news, current events and cultural stories from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the world.
The NYTimes app for Android is built responsively and is sized from 4” phones to 12”+ tablets. The app works on all devices with Android OS (4.1+).
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to give you the best possible reading experience. Here’s a little snippet about what everyone else is doing:
* In-app purchases : This allows you to make purchases within the app.
* Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
* WiFi connection information: This item allows the app to use available WiFi networks instead of your mobile network. If there are no trusted WiFi networks or if WiFi is turned off, the app will use your mobile network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
* Device ID and call information: These settings convert phone numbers in NYTimes articles into clickable links.
*Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Does not include access to the printed newspaper. Prices shown are in US dollars and local prices are available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
*We’ve made some updates to our settings screen to make it more useful and easy to use.
*BUG FIX: We fixed an issue with the audio player controls that was affecting some users.
*We also fixed some crashes that affected some readers.