Streamy Awards 2023
The popular ChatGPT app Petey for the Apple Watch came to the iPhone a few months ago. Now its developers have released a new version dedicated to iPad users, allowing people to use the world’s most popular AI platform on a larger display.
With Petey for iPadOS, users can enjoy all the existing features available on the Apple Watch and iPhone, such as sidebars and a design optimized to take advantage of large displays, in the iPad environment. Additionally, users can take advantage of keyboard shortcuts to use them more efficiently.
This ChatGPT client allows you to query GPT (supports GPT 3, 3.5 and 4) so you can get answers to your questions instantly. Petey allows you to share the results of your interactions with others via text, email and social media.
Thanks to the history feature, the app shows history and conversation details so users can pick up where they left off. This feature shows all locations, links, and the number of tokens used by the user during previous interactions with the app.
GPT-4 support allows users to subscribe to Petey for iPadOS or enter an API key to avoid in-app purchases or subscriptions to access ChatGPT functionality. This release also brings several improvements to the app, including:
- You can finally select words and sentences in answers
- Answers now highlight links, money, physical value, etc.
- Introducing our new mascot, Clippy (very familiar)
- Bug fixes in watchOS settings for a smoother experience if you’re already running beta.
- Improved formatting for easier sharing of conversations
- Ability to completely disable Apple Music for users who prefer other streaming services
Petey lets you change the look of the app, enable voice, make it more factual and creative, and even change your personality. Users can also select GPT answers from minimal to brief, normal, or verbose.
The app costs $6.99 and GPT-4 requires an additional optional subscription. You can download Petey for iPadOS from the App Store.