KinScreen automatically manages your device’s screen to keep it on when you need it and off when you don’t. This makes it extremely convenient and at the same time efficient for the battery. You no longer need to touch the screen to prevent a timeout. You’ll notice it missing on a new device!
Keep screen on…
• By detected movement
• By tilt angle
• By waving over the proximity sensor
• By tapping notification
• During a conversation
• While charging
Turn off screen…
• By covering the proximity sensor (pocket, face down)
• Not active after a set time (regular timeout)
• After a maximum holding time
These rules are highly configurable and you can set them to your liking.
If you encounter a problem, please send an email [email protected] or use the app’s contact menu option before leaving a negative review!
How it works:
• Motion – The screen turns on by small movements detected just by holding the device. When no motion is detected, the screen quickly turns off to save battery life. Motion is ignored when the device is lying flat so the screen can time out on a moving surface.
• Proximity – The screen turns off quickly when the proximity sensor is covered, so you don’t have to manually turn it off before putting the device in your pocket. Make sure you don’t cover the proximity sensor while holding the phone in landscape orientation (or use the landscape exception)! The screen can also remain on by slowly waving over the proximity sensor.
• Tilt angle – The screen can remain on by tilting the phone from a flat angle above a certain angle.
• During a call – Use this option if you want your display to remain on while the phone is on the table during a call. The display still turns off when you hold the phone to your ear.
• While charging – You don’t need to conserve battery power while your device is charging. Use this option to keep the screen on automatically while charging.
• Works in the dark unlike other apps that use the camera to detect motion.
• Battery friendly! The services are organized as efficiently as possible. It uses little CPU and RAM, and sensor usage is highly optimized.
• Start it once and forget it! It does not interfere with other apps that already keep the screen on.
• See what it does in real time! The colored statuses at the top let you know what KinScreen is doing. Anything green keeps the screen on, anything red turns the screen off, and anything yellow is detected and would keep the screen on, but there is a rule that prevents this, or something turns the screen off.
Motion sensor calibration:
After installation, place the device on a very stable surface, tap Calibrate and wait 10 seconds for KinScreen to automatically adjust the motion sensitivity for your device.
KinScreen v6.1.1 [Unlocked] / Mirror
KinScreen v6.0.0 [Unlocked] / Mirror
KinScreen v5.5.7 [Unlocked] / Mirror