With iOS 17, Apple has added some great additions like the check-in feature and Live Stickers to the Messages app. In addition to providing more functionality, Apple has also redesigned the Messages app to give it a fresh, sleek, and cleaner look. All iMessage apps are neatly tucked away in an easily accessible app drawer. While iMessage apps bring many conveniences, having too many apps can make everything look cluttered. Unlike iOS 16, you cannot delete an iMessage app directly from the Messages app. This does not mean that you cannot delete them at all. Here’s how to delete iMessage apps in iOS 17 on iPhone.
How to delete iMessage apps on iOS 17
If you don’t need an iMessage app, you can uninstall it. It is worth knowing that you can only uninstall third-party iMessage apps. The native apps are the built-in features of the Messages app, so you cannot delete them. That said, you can also rearrange them at your leisure.
Note: When you uninstall a third-party iMessage app, the corresponding app will be removed from your iPhone home screen automatically.
- Open the Settings app and visit the To inform section.
- Now scroll down and choose To inform.
- Then tap iMessage apps. This will bring up the list of third party apps in the list.
- To uninstall an app, tap the little red minus button present on the left side of the app icon. Then tap To delete and press the Delete button to confirm your decision.
How to rearrange iMessage apps on iOS 17
Wondering what to do with iMessage apps that you can’t delete and don’t even need? For better organization, you can choose to rearrange the iMessage apps. This will help you put the most used ones at the top and the unnecessary ones at the bottom. Here are the steps to do this:
- Go to the Messaging app and open an existing chat or create a new conversation.
- Then tap the “+” icon to open the iMessage menu.
- Next one, tap and hold the iMessage app you want to rearrange. You can tap it More to view third-party iMessage apps.
- Move the app up or down with your finger on the screen.
- When you’ve found the right place to place the app, lift your finger. And it’s done!