With iOS 17, Apple introduced new features and updated the design of the Messages app. However, too many iMessage apps can make the interface look cluttered. This article explains how to remove and rearrange iMessage apps in iOS 17 to provide a cleaner and more organized messaging experience.
To remove the iMessage app, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app and go to the Messages section.
2. Scroll down and select (Messages).
3. Tap (iMessage apps) to view the list of third-party apps.
4. Tap the small red minus button to the left of the app icon to remove the app.
5. Tap (Delete), confirm your decision and press the (Delete) button.
Note that only third-party iMessage apps can be removed. Native apps that are built-in features of the Messages app cannot be deleted. Additionally, removing a third-party iMessage app also removes the corresponding app from your iPhone’s home screen.
If you want to rearrange your iMessage apps to better organize them, you can do the following:
1. Open the Messages app and open an existing chat or create a new conversation.
2. Tap the “+” icon to open the iMessage menu.
3. Long press the iMessage apps you want to reorder.
4. Move the app up or down on the screen.
5. Raise your finger to place the app where you want it.
By sorting your iMessage apps, you can prioritize your most used apps and place unnecessary apps at the bottom for a better messaging experience.
Removing and rearranging the iMessage app in iOS 17 allows you to customize the Messages app and create a more efficient and uncluttered interface. Enjoy a clean messaging experience with the simple steps below.
– Apple (iOS 17)