If you often make shopping lists on your iPhone, iOS 17 will make your life a lot easier. Among other best features, the latest iOS 17 brings a major improvement to the Reminders app, allowing you to create a shopping list on your iPhone for stress-free shopping. You can sort your items into categories and set priority levels so you don’t miss anything when you visit a store. So you no longer have to go to a bakery multiple times because your bread, pastries, cookies and other similar items are together. How convenient, right? Plus, if you have an organized shopping list, you won’t have to spend too much on things you don’t even need. So go ahead and follow this step-by-step guide on how to create shopping lists in the Reminders app on an iPhone running iOS 17.
Create a shopping list on iPhone in iOS 17
It’s quite easy to create a shopping list in the Reminders app. You just need to add a frame and fill it with your items. The app automatically sorts your stuff into categories, and you can even work with your partner or apartment buddy to list what you need at a store. Here are the complete steps to do this:
Step 1: Turn on iCloud for Reminders
As weird as it sounds, Apple says you need to enable Reminders from iCloud to create a shopping list on iOS 17. Here are the steps for it:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap [Your Name].
- Then choose iCloud and tap “Show all” below the Apps that use iCloud.
- Make sure you turn on the switch before Memories.
Step 2: Make a shopping list
- On your iPhone running iOS 17, open it Reminders app.
- To create a shopping list on your iPhone, tap Add list from the bottom right corner.
- You will now see a New List screen. You can have one name And icon for your list.
- Then tap List type and choose Groceries. Make sure you don’t skip this step or the iOS 17 shopping list feature won’t work for you.
- Then tap Finished. A shopping list is created in the Reminders app.
Step 3: Add items to the list
- After the list is created, you can add items to the list.
- Tap on New item from the bottom left corner and start adding the items. As you fill out the list, the Reminders app will start sorting them into categories like Bread & Cereal, Dairy, Eggs & Cheese, and more.
- You can also set a priority for your list item. For this, tap the article and press the “i” knob. Then tap Priority and choose an option from the drop-down menu. If the priority is set to high priority, you will see three exclamation marks to the left of the item. For example, if you’re completely out of cheese, mark this as a high priority.
Step 4: Change or create your own category
- Most of the time, the Reminders app does a pretty good job of putting the items under the categories. However, if you don’t like where Reminders places an item, you can change the category or even create a custom category.
- To change the item category, tap the lost item and press “i” knob. Then tap Section. You can choose from the options available in the Other sections list. If you don’t find the right category, tap New section with selection and create a modified version.
- For example, we moved Baby Corn from “Canned Food and Soup” to a custom section called “Vegetables” and then dragged Mushrooms into this section to keep all the vegetables in one place.
Step 5: Choose a layout
- By default, your items appear in a list. If you want, you can view it as columns with all the sections appearing across the screen. It’s useful if you have a long list. Instead of scrolling down, you can swipe to see the full list.
- To do this, tap the three dots in the top left corner and choose View as columns.
Step 6: Share your shopping list
- If you want to share your shopping list with someone, like your roommate or spouse, you can do so quickly with a tap.
- Just tap the Share icon at the top of the screen and choose a contact.
We like iOS 17 because it offers several useful and useful features that can make your life easier. Of course, the shopping lists in the Apple Reminders app provide a great way to organize your shopping without using a third-party app. So go ahead and plan your daily errands in a much better way.