Today, Apple announced that DaVinci Resolve for iPad has been selected as a finalist in the App Store Awards as “iPad App of the Year.” With a respectful 4.4 rating, Resolve for iPad is the most comprehensive and professional iPad app for editors and colorists.
For more than a decade, Apple has taken time at the end of the year to celebrate the best and most influential apps and games on the App Store, as well as the developers behind them. “There is so much innovation and creativity in App Stores around the world that choosing just a few apps and games is no easy task. We are proud to recognize the Award finalists,” Apple said. Today, Apple announced that DaVinci Resolve for iPad has been named a finalist in the iPad App of the Year category.
DaVinci Resolve for iPad was named a finalist in the App Store Awards as iPad App of the Year. As announced by Blackmagic (the company that developed Resolve), “DaVinci Resolve for iPad is recognized for creating a more portable editing and color grading experience and helping customers unleash their creativity. DaVinci Resolve DaVinci Resolve for iPad is the same professional tools and same code base used in major Hollywood feature films. Optimized for MultiTouch technology and Apple Pencil, DaVinci Resolve for iPad provides cut and color pages. DaVinci Resolve for iPad is compatible with the desktop version of DaVinci Resolve 18. Open and create one standard DaVinci Resolve project file. Use Blackmagic Cloud to host and store your projects, and collaborate with multiple users around the world. Supported file formats include H. 264, H.265, Apple ProRes, and Blackmagic RAW, and you can import clips from Blackmagic Cloud storage, your iPad Pro’s internal storage and photo library, and externally connected iCloud or USB-C media disks.
To learn more about Resolve for iPad, be sure to read the following articles:
This app is recommended for use with Apple iPad Pro M1 and later models. Early iPad models may be limited to HD and some features may be limited due to memory limitations. DaVinci Resolve projects (drp) and project archives (dra) are fully compatible with DaVinci Resolve 18 on the desktop. Supported file formats include H.264, H.265, Apple ProRes, and Blackmagic RAW. Supports Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil, Studio and PRO XDR displays.
The latest version is version 18.6.3 and includes the following features:
- Support for syncing media from network folders in cloud projects.
- Option to prevent sleep when uploading files or generating cloud proxies.
- Configuration dialog when importing a project to the cloud project library.
- Cloud projects without media sync now use proxy settings in Preferences.
- Support for ACEScg in RCM combining gamut and gamma modes.
- Ability to customize aspect ratio for Dolby Vision exports.
- Improved sort order for Dolby Vision combo boxes.
- Addressed an issue where thumbnails of video-only media were flagged.
- Addressed restoration of active local version when restoring deleted media.
- Addressed a quality issue with interlaced clips detected in scene cuts.
- Addressed gaps when ripple deleting interlaced clips using frame alignment.
- When copying a grade using a matte, the layer name now takes precedence over the index.
- Addressed inaccurate saturation due to HDR custom curve soft clipping.
- Addressed a color gamut limitation issue for ACES ODT with P3 D65 color gamut.
- Addressed an issue when creating new HDR zones on the color page.
- Improved overall performance and stability.
Resolve for iPad is one of the most comprehensive and stable iPad apps available for professional editors and colorists. This app is constantly being improved and upgraded by Blackmagic and aims to provide a truly slick interface that facilitates multi-touch editing and color grading on the go. Additionally, this app shares significant similarities compared to its powerful desktop version. DaVinci Resolve for iPad is available for free on the AppStore and DaVinci Resolve Studio for iPad is available for $95 USD. ”