September 12, 2023
Apple introduces new AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with USB-C charging capability
iOS 17 brings a new audio experience to all AirPods Pro (2nd generation)
Cupertino, California Apple today announced AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe charging (USB‑C), an improvement to the world’s most popular headphones. AirPods Pro (2nd generation) delivers incredible sound quality, up to twice the active noise cancellation of its predecessor, an advanced transparency mode, a more immersive spatial audio experience, and a wide range of ear tip sizes. , continues to revolutionize personal audio. Even better fit. AirPods Pro (2nd generation) is upgraded with USB‑C charging, enhanced dust resistance, and lossless audio with Apple Vision Pro. With iOS 17, all your AirPods Pro (2nd generation) will level up and give you access to new audio experiences like adaptive audio and speech recognition.1
AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case (USB-C) is available to order starting today and will be available in stores starting Friday, September 22nd.
Improved convenience and durability
The new AirPods Pro have been updated with a USB-C connector, making it easy to charge your Mac, iPad, AirPods, and iPhone 15 lineup using a single cable. Users can also charge AirPods directly on iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max, which also have a USB-C connector.
The increased IP54 rating on the earphones and case also improves dust resistance, allowing users to take their earphones with them on their favorite rugged adventures.
Introducing lossless audio with Apple Vision Pro
AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe charging case (USB‑C) enables ultra-low latency, lossless audio and provides the perfect true wireless solution with Apple Vision Pro.2 The H2 chip in the latest AirPods Pro and Apple Vision Pro is combined with a breakthrough wireless audio protocol to unleash powerful 20-bit, 48kHz lossless audio, significantly reducing audio latency.
When Apple Vision Pro launches in the U.S. early next year, customers will be able to enjoy the industry’s most advanced wireless audio experience with the new AirPods Pro, including exceptional entertainment, gaming, FaceTime calls, and more. Masu.
New features in iOS 17
All AirPods Pro (2nd generation) come with exciting features in iOS 17, including:1
- adaptive audio: This new listening mode dynamically blends Transparent Mode and Active Noise Cancellation, adjusting noise control based on the sounds of the user’s environment. Breakthrough experiences unleashed by advanced computational audio allow users to stay aware of their surroundings and listen to the sounds of a group chatting at the office, vacuuming at home, the local coffee shop, and more. Distracting noise is reduced.
- Conversation recognition: Whether you’re having a quick conversation with a co-worker or ordering lunch at a cafe, when you start talking to someone nearby, our conversation recognition feature lowers the volume of your content and lets you watch it right in front of your eyes. Emphasize your voice and reduce surrounding noise.
- personalized volume: Using machine learning to understand environmental conditions and volume choices, Personalized Volume automatically fine-tune your listening experience based on your preferences over time.
The new AirPods Pro have a number of features designed to minimize environmental impact, including the use of 100 percent recycled rare earth elements in all magnets and 100 percent recycled gold in the plating of several printed circuit boards. Designed using materials and features. In this case, the main logic board’s solder is 100% recycled tin, and the hinge is 100% recycled aluminum. AirPods Pro (2nd generation) are free of potentially harmful substances such as mercury, BFR, PVC, and beryllium. The packaging redesign eliminates the outer plastic wrap and means more than 90 percent of the packaging is made from fiber-based materials, moving Apple closer to its goal of completely eliminating plastic from all packaging by 2025. .
Today, Apple is carbon neutral in its global corporate operations and plans to be 100% carbon neutral across its entire manufacturing supply chain and product lifecycle by 2030. This means every Apple device sold has a net-zero climate impact, from component manufacturing, assembly, transportation, customer use and charging, to recycling and material recovery.
Price and availability
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe charging case (USB-C) $249 (US) Available starting Friday, September 22nd at apple.com/store and the Apple Store app in the US and over 30 other countries and territories.
- EarPods (USB-C) are available to order starting today. $19 (US) at apple.com/store and from the Apple Store app in the US and over 30 other countries and territories.
- Engrave your AirPods Pro with a combination of emojis, names, initials, and numbers for free, only at Apple Store Online.
- New subscribers get six months of Apple Music free when they buy AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max. For more information, visit apple.com/promo.
- For full functionality, use AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe charging case (USB‑C) paired with an Apple device running the latest operating system software. .
About Apple Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Currently, Apple leads the world with its innovations of iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms (iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS) provide a seamless experience across all Apple devices, giving people access to innovative services like the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay, and iCloud. provided to you. Apple’s more than 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on the planet and leaving the world better than we found it.
- Available on AirPods Pro (2nd generation) models with MagSafe charging case (USB-C) and AirPods Pro (2nd generation) models with Lightning charging case.
- Lossless audio only works when connected to Apple Vision Pro. Availability varies by region.
Apple Media Helpline