Apple will launch the much-awaited iOS 17 update on Monday, with the new iPhone operating system available for download from 10:30 PM IST. The operating system upgrade, announced at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), will bring a host of exciting new features to iPhones. Compatible with iPhone models from the XS series and later, this update brings improvements such as interactive widgets, Standby mode, Contact Posters and more.
Highlights: Wonderlust – Apple Annual Launch Event 2023
Is your iPhone compatible with iOS 17 update?
With the release of iOS 17, Apple is ending software support for certain older iPhone models.
List of iPhones getting iOS 17:
• iPhone 15 series
• iPhone 14 series
• iPhone 13 series
• iPhone 12 series
• iPhone 11 series
• iPhone XS
• iPhone XS Max
• iPhone XR
• iPhone SE 2020
• iPhone SE 2022
These iPhones will miss it:
• iPhone 8
• iPhone 8 Plus
• iPhone X
How to backup your device before updating to iOS 17?
Apple recommends backing up your iPhone before downloading the new operating system as a precaution, even though the chance of data loss is minimal. Your iPhone usually backs up automatically when it is connected to power and Wi-Fi. If this feature is disabled, you can enable it by following these steps:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap your name.
3. Select iCloud.
4. Choose iCloud Backup.
5. Tap ‘Back up now’ to start backing up your device.
How do you update your iPhone to iOS 17?
Follow these steps to update your device to iOS 17:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General.
3. Select Software Update.
4. Tap ‘Download and Install’.
5. Tap ‘Install’ to update immediately.
6. You can also tap ‘Later’ and choose ‘Install tonight’ or ‘Remind me later’.
– If you select ‘Install Tonight’, make sure to connect your device to a power source overnight so that the update will take place by morning.
7. Enter your passcode if prompted.
After you choose ‘Download and Install’, a loading bar will appear with an estimated download time. Once the download is complete, restart your device and iOS 17 will be installed automatically.